Is Your Shot Clock Running Out?
Learn Hassle-Free Ways to Optimize Your Pole Attachment Program
Billions of dollars of federal and state funding for broadband deployments, new technology like 5G wireless, and regulatory changes designed to facilitate easier and faster access to poles are putting increased pressure on pole owners. Pole owners may not have the personnel, systems, or tools to respond to the increased volume of requests to attach to poles, nor do they always have personnel knowledgeable in small cell antennas and other equipment required to enable new 5G wireless technologies.
Failure to comply with attachment requests in a consistent and timely manner may lead to contractual and regulatory penalties, add risk to your pole plant, create new violations, impact future rental billing, and negatively affect customer perception, especially in underserved areas where broadband is desperately needed.
A Programmatic Approach
There are key building blocks that can make a positive impact on streamlining joint use administration.
These can include:
- Performing an assessment of the current state of your joint use program
- Introducing process enhancements to improve performance
- Leveraging innovative technologies to improve through-put, accuracy, and reduce costs
- Incorporating proven application management tracking portals to increase visibility and track work
- Opportunities to seamlessly outsource joint use administration processes so utilities’ critical engineering resources can focus on their core businesses
- Increased safety and reliability
- Increased cost recovery for attachments
- Compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements
- Improved community perception
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Join us for a webinar covering the new technologies to support the needs of pole owners and how these technologies can work together to improve the performance of your joint use management program, while maintaining a safe pole plant. In this webinar, we will cover:
- Online application management tools
- Efficient, accurate, and reviewable collection of field measurements through photogrammetry-based technology
- The benefits of utilizing solutions that combine LiDAR, imagery, artificial intelligence, and automation to optimize engineering tasks
- Benefits of implementing pole loading into your program
Date: Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
Presenter: Chris DiLiberto, Solutions Architect - Technical Services, Osmose