URD Padmount Inspection
Aged, corroded and severely weathered padmount transformers can contribute to outages, safety hazards and customer complaints. The majority of America’s underground distribution systems are more than 30 years old.
Osmose padmount transformer inspection and maintenance programs are supported by the company’s commitment to safety, training, project management, and effective applications of technology. Osmose crews are trained and certified to:
- Safely inspect padmount transformers
- Identify potentially troublesome conditions
- Record accurate inventory information
- Remove debris, insects, and pests to help reduce the possibility of electrical failure
- Apply pesticides inside the cabinet to help prevent future pest activity
Laser-guided infrared can be used to detect elevated temperatures on critical transformer components, such as primary elbow connections.
Padmount transformers that are not level can overheat and fail. Osmose crews can correct this condition by leveling the pad and back-filling with materials specifically formulated for this task.
Osmose inspection and maintenance techniques can help improve the safety, reliability, and appearance of padmount transformers and cabinets, adding years to their useful service life.
- Site clearing
- Evaluation of pad condition
- Cabinet leveling
- Cabinet repair
- Replacement of security lock
- Replacement of penta bolt
- Tag and decal replacment
The coating system used by Osmose incorporates a rust-converting primer to help prevent further corrosion. The top coat is specifically designed to protect the cabinet from harsh environmental conditions. Reconditioning the cabinet through repair, painting, and replacement of warning signs can help to maintain cabinet integrity and also satisfies the demand for visually appealing equipment in residential areas.
- Cleaning and removal of debris, insect, and animals
- Pesticide application
- Tag and label replacement
- Infrared inspection
- Grounding assessment
Fill out the form below to speak with an Osmose professional about your padmount inspection needs.