Fill out the form below to speak with an Osmose professional about your padmount inspection needs.
URD Padmount Inspection
America’s underground electrical distribution systems are aging. Corroded, and severely weathered padmount transformer cabinets and other similar enclosures can contribute to outages, public safety hazards, environmental concerns, and homeowner complaints.
Supply chain issues have increased padmount equipment costs which have led to sourcing difficulties. As such, equipment availability and extended lead times have made revitalization programs very attractive for many reasons including cost efficiencies.
Osmose crews are trained and certified to:
- Safely assess transformers and other similar enclosure equipment inside and outside
- Identify and correct potentially detrimental conditions
- Record accurate inventory information
- Repair holes in equipment
- Remove brush, debris, insects, and pests that lead to electrical failure
- Apply pesticides inside to help prevent future pest activity
- Level padmount transformers to keep them from overheating and failing
- Conduct infrared inspections to detect elevated temperatures of critical components
An Effective Assessment & Restoration Program
Osmose assessment and evaluation programs can help improve the safety, reliability, and appearance of padmount transformer cabinets, adding years to their useful service life.
- Site clearing and brush removal
- Evaluation of pad condition
- Infrared inspection
- Cabinet leveling
- Cabinet repair
- Evaluate and replace of locks and penta bolts
- Tag and decal replacement
Osmose programs include the use of specialized high-quality industrial coatings formulated to protect cabinets from exposure to harsh environmental conditions.
Reconditioning the structure through cabinet restoration, coating applications, and replacement of warning signs revitalize padmount transformer integrity and satisfies public demand for visually appealing equipment in residential locations.
- Visual connection and fuse inspection
- Cleaning and removal of debris, insects, and animals
- Pesticide application
- Tag and label replacement
- Infrared inspection
- Grounding assessment
- Install Fault Indicators