Osmose can help you reset the life of your aging substation structures. We have extensive experience helping utilities retrofit structures with modern solutions. Our in-house team of substation specialists can help you understand the condition of your substation structures, recommend a cost-effective restoration solution, and prevent costly failures.
Equipment, Site, Structure, and Security
Substations and switchyards share critical assets to overall system reliability, however:
- Substation structures typically haven’t been addressed in decades
- Many substation structural components are beyond their expected design life and showing signs of deterioration
- Planning outages for equipment and structure replacement can take months and can be costly
- Capital budgets are becoming subject to increased scrutiny
- Structure failures represent a substantial risk of loss of life, widespread outages, and financial losses
Why Partner with Osmose for Substation Services?
Increase reliability and safety
Add to existing program
Extend substation asset life
Key resiliency offering
Capitalizable as part of a program
Reduce the visibility of critical electric equipment and the risk of targeted attacks and blasts.
- Privacy and noise-reduction screens
- Movable ballistic panels
- Permanent structural wall systems
- Structure and foundation assessment
- Corrosion mitigation with groundline coatings
- Structure Restoration
- Grounding grid assessment and repair
- Site assessment and debris removal
- Security hardening solutions
- Site and structure mapping and numbering
- Equipment assessment and testing
- Infrared reliability scans
- Aerial assessment including reliability scanning
Ground Grid Integrity Testing
Ground grids can corrode or get severed through construction activities, negatively impacting performance. Ground grid integrity testing enhances reliability and worker and public safety.
Steel and Concrete Restoration
The Osmose team will implement engineered solutions to damaged steel and concrete structures inside substations safely and efficiently.
Structure Assessment & Life Extension
Osmose has adapted advanced assessment technologies to find and address hidden conditions in substation structures.
- Ultrasonic measurements, structural thermography, internal borescope, overhead thermography, grounding condition assessment
- Corrosion-prevention coatings
Steel Asset Betterment is a Capital Opportunity
Consider capitalizing the program costs of steel structure best-in-class assessment and remediation. Osmose asset advisory experts are available to support any utility’s operations and finance teams to undertake a successful capitalization program.