Streamlined, Technology-Driven Approach to Safe and Compliant Broadband Deployments
Wednesday, October 12, 2022 | 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. EDT
Our webinars are eligible for IEEE PDH credit. To qualify, you must attend the webinar live and complete the IEEE evaluation we will provide following the event.
Billions of dollars of federal and state funding for broadband deployments, new technology like 5G wireless, and regulatory changes designed to facilitate easier and faster access to poles are putting increased pressure on pole owners. Pole owners may not have the resources to respond to the increased volume of requests to attach to poles. Failure to comply with attachment requests in a timely manner may lead to penalties and risks to your pole plant. This webinar will provide pole owners solutions to help understand the status of your pole plant, who is attached where and develop platform-based, streamlined processes to ensure, compliance with regulations, proper cost recovery, and a favorable public opinion.
Join us for a webinar to:
- Understand the current state of pole attachments and their impact on poles and organization resources
- Receive a summary and overview of the federal funding opportunities that are driving increased activities around utility poles and structures.
- Easily identify the types of wires, cables, and equipment currently attached to and forecast to be attached to poles
- Understand from an operational perspective what a joint-use program looks like
- Determine methodologies to streamline and make joint use processes more efficient
About the Presenter: Ron Bilodeau - Director, Strategic Solutions
Ron is a Director - Strategic Solutions with Osmose. He has more than 35 years of experience in both telecommunications construction and electric utility operations management. Ron earned an MBA and BA in Communications and Management from the University of Nevada Las Vegas, a Graduate Certificate in Renewable Energy from the University of Nevada Reno, and is a Certified Project Management Professional. In his current role, he provides solutions and recommendations to the utility and broadband industries on a wide-ranging scope of requirements including joint use, broadband buildout, and wireless attachment and colocation programs and processes.