Exposing Hidden Threats in Underground Electric Distribution Systems
Wednesday, June 29, 2022 | 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. EST
Our webinars are eligible for IEEE PDH credit. To qualify, you must attend the webinar live and complete the IEEE evaluation we will provide following the event.
This webinar will address some of the most common issues affecting Padmount transformer/cabinet and underground distribution systems service life. It will include the identification of program management pitfalls and the communication of effective program management practices and strategies.
- Padmount Transformer/Cabinets
- Common issues affecting service-life
- Fundamental components of assessment
- Conditions that impact reliability
- Underground Distribution Systems
- Urban underground facility structures
- Common conditions that impact the reliability of underground facilities
- Routine inspection benefits for repair and maintenance identification
- Technology to identify potential future events before they happen
About the Presenter:
Kevin Niles - Product Manager for Steel Structure - Critical Assets
Kevin Niles is an AMPP Senior Corrosion Technologist and Corrosion Engineer with more than 30 years of experience assessing, maintaining, and restoring both steel and wood electric utility structures. Kevin is a member of AAMP, ASCE, ASNT, and an active committee member in ASTM G01. He also holds committee officer positions on both AMPP SC11 and IEEE WG12 and is the Osmose Product Manager for Steel Structure - Critical Assets.
Kurt Selness - General Manager of Field Operations
Kurt Selness is the General Manager of Field Operations in the Northeast. He has over 20 years of experience in power systems from transmission to distribution to underground distribution. For the last 9 years, he has been focused on the greater NYC area and all of its underground systems and equipment.