OsmoSet High-Density Foam
Pole Setting & Straightening Foam
Pole foam offers many benefits over soil, including greater compressive strength, but it is especially useful in:
- Rocky soil and dynamited or drilled pole sets that may not produce sufficient backfill material
- Sandy or sandy loam soils with low compressive strength
- Difficult-to-access pole sets where transporting fill dirt is not feasible
OsmoSetTM is a high-density polyurethane water-blown foam designed for setting and straightening distribution and transmission poles. Since OsmoSet foam completely encapsulates the pole, it greatly reduces leaching and soil contamination. It contains no CFCs (chlorofluorocarbons) or HFCs (hydrofluorocarbons), making it safe for both the applicator and the surrounding environment.
Installation - 4 Easy Steps
Benefits of OsmoSet
- Added Strength and Safety - Most soils in the U.S. have a compressive strength of approximately 28 PSI. Foam with a density of four pounds per cubic foot has a compressive strength of 70-80 PSI, providing an increased safety factor over the surrounding natural soil of nearly 3:1.
- Labor Efficiency - Using foam is less labor intensive than backfilling with soil. There is also no need for tamping which reduces back strain and injuries.
- Reduced Environmental Impact - Eliminates the need to transport backfill material to the job site, and reduces soil contamination from leaching of the original treatment. Reduced hydrocarbon footprint (compared to other foams).
- Reduced Costs - OsmoSet expands at a ratio of 18:1, 20% more than other foams which means less product is required to fill the space.
- Easy to Store & Transport - The patented package design of OsmoSet includes part A and part B mixtures in D-shaped containers that conveniently fit inside the mixing pail with a mixer. This efficient design reduces freight/shipping costs, and also makes the product easy to store and transport to the job site.
Each kit includes the two-part mixture as well as a highspeed mixer and mixing pail. *The patented package design includes Part A and Part B mixtures in D-shaped containers that conveniently fit inside the mixing pail. Formulation variations are available.
OsmoSet Installation Video
For more information on OsmoSet or to place an order, please call 770-632-6700 option 3
or email [email protected]