OsmoSet Pole Setting Foam
Pole setting foam offers many benefits over soil, including greater compressive strength, but it is especially useful in the following settings:
- Rocky soil and dynamited or dilled pole sets that may not produce sufficient backfill material
- Sand or sandy loam soils (low compressive strength)
- Difficult to access poles where transporting fill dirt is not feasible
OsmoSetTM is a high-density polyurethane water-blown foam designed for setting and
straightening distribution and transmission poles. Since OsmoSet foam
completely encapsulates the pole, it greatly reduces leaching and soil
contamination. It contains no CFCs (chlorofluorocarbons) or HFCs
(hydrofluorocarbons), making it safe for both the applicator and the
- Added Strength and Safety - Most soils in the U.S. have a
compressive strength of approximately 28 PSI. Foam with a density of four
pounds per cubic foot has a compressive strength of approximately 70-80 PSI,
providing a 3:1 safety factor over the surrounding natural soil.
- Labor Efficiency - Using foam is less labor
intensive than backfilling with soil. There is also no need for tamping which reduces back strain and injuries.
- Reduced Environmental Impact - Eliminates the need to
transport backfill material to the job site, and reduces soil contamination from leaching of the original treatment.
Costs - OsmoSet
expands at a ratio of 18:1, 20% more than other foams which means less product is
required to fill the space.
- Easy to Store & Transport - The patented package design of OsmoSet includes part A and part B mixtures in D-shaped containers that conveniently fit inside the mixing pail with a mixer. This efficient design reduces freight/shipping costs, and also makes the product easy to store and transport to the job site.
OsmoSet is easy to install with four simple steps. 1) Pour the components into the pail provided. 2) Mix components together. 3) Pour the mixture into the hole, around the pole. 4) Allow the pole to set as the foam expands and hardens.
OsmoSet expands to 18 times its original volume. It will reach its full rise in approximately 2-5 minutes, depending on the temperature. It reaches approximately 75% of its ultimate strength in just one hour.
OsmoSet vs. Other Foams
Each OsmoSet kit includes the two-part mixture as well as a highspeed mixer and mixing pail.
*The patented package design includes Part A and Part B mixtures in D-shaped
containers that conveniently fit inside the mixing pail.
will be available in July. For more
information, please call 770-632-6700 (option 3) or email [email protected].